Monday 5 November 2012

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: Tenth Grade Bleeds By Heather Brewer




Inside Panel:

It's another awful year at Bathory High for Vladimir Tod. The evil vampire D'Ablo is hunting for a ritual that could steal Vlad's powers. His best friend, Henry, doesn't want to be his drudge anymore. And it's getting harder for Vlad to resist feeding on the people around him. With the threat of D'Ablo looming closer and nightmares haunting him each night, Vlad realizes that having a normal high school year is the least of his concerns. He needs to act fast, and even his Pravus powers won't save him this time.

My Favorite Quotes:

"How did you see me, Vladimir? Exactly what were you doing?"
Page 9

"She's not walking with us. Her dad kinda thinks I might be a serial killer."
Page 21

As if Vlad would bite a cheerleader. The thought left a bad taste in his mouth.
Page 24

"Nelly, this isn't what it looks like, I swear. I'm sure it seems we were gorging ourselves on the Johnsons down the street, but we are innocent."
Page 40

"You're absolutely right. Older and able to get into more trouble. Better make it ten."
Page 62

"I wanted to come as the Crypt Keeper."
Page 66

"Thank God the trick-or-treaters left. I'm all out of candy."
Page 85

"Meredith is way too small for dinner. If anything, she'd be lunch, or maybe a big breakfast."
Page 107

"You're a vampire, Vladimir Tod. And I'm going to expose you to the world."
Page 116

"You think you're so special because you can float through mid air and read people's minds. You think you're so great because you can order me around an I have no say at all. I'm sick of it! I'm sick of you!"
Page 125

"Are you done? Or are you planning on ordering me to sit, stay, and roll over for amusement, master?"
Page 143

"You're so goth you don't even know you're goth."
Page 179

"And exactly why is the front of the shirt you wore last night covered in what looks like dried blood."
Page 199

"So you answer to my problem is to put someone else in harm's way? Henry, what if he killed the FedEx guy?"
Page 205

"Am I okay? I'm freaking awesome! How did you do that? You were moving so fast I could barely see you!"
Page 212

"Such fools. Sending a vampire to kill the unkillable. Oh, that's not what they told him -- they ordered him to bring you before them, to be tried for your crimes at last. But this is Ignatius, and his temperament has always run a murderous trail. I quite think they were hoping you'd not survive long enough to face them. Most of them would find it a difficult task o punish a child with the brutality of our laws -- especially the child of a departed friend."
Page 225

(Any more of my favorite quotes would spoil even the spoilers!)

Reaction Timeline: 

Chapter 1 -7

Haha, wait wha?

Chapter 8 - 14

Oohs, happy birthday! Wee!

Chapter 15 - 21

He did NOT just say that....

Chapter 16 - 28

Oh! Ha! Take that D'Ablo!!

My Likes:

I'm totally in love with the goth group! Sprat's my favorite of course, well him and Snow.
Also my favorite part!

"So... did you get a look at the woman on that poster?"
Vlad laughed aloud, shaking his head. "Dude, did you see the date on that poster? She's way too old for you."
Page 30

It's not a spoiler, but it's totally hilarious.

My Dislikes:

It's already a given, I totally despise Eddie Poe, but that's so old it's written in the history books.
But for this particular book I have to say that I'm not a Meredith and Vlad couple fan. I don't know why, I just don't like her with Vlad. Too girly. 
My least favorite part!

 "You were in his mind. He... died before you could withdraw."
Vlad still couldn't make a sound, only nodded feebly. Unbelievably, the pain went on and on, and only Otis's presence brought him any comfort.
Page 224

Again, not a spoiler, well it would be if I noted who died, but you'll have to read and find out for yourself! Aha! Either way, poor Vlad to go through such pain just by being inside the head of he who died!

My Rating:

Just like the two before this one, I over all enjoyed this novel, and look forward to reading the next! 4 out of 5 for you Heather! Great job!


Follow me on Twitter!
@AjKitKat







No comments:

Post a Comment