Saturday 15 September 2012

Starling by Lesley Livingston



Note: This review is going to be much different than my others!!! 


Before I begin my review I would like to send out a special thank you to Lesley Livingston for not only writing this Novel, but for writing others, which I look forward to reading in the future. <3 


Inside Panel: 



“Mason Starling is a champion fencer on the Gosforth Academy team, but she’s never had to fight for her life. Not until the night a ferocious, otherworldly storm rips through Manhattan, trapping Mason and her teammates inside the school. She finds herself besieged by nightmarish creatures even more terrifying than the thunder and lightning. The raging tempest also brings a dangerous stranger into her life: a young man who remembers nothing but his name – the Fennrys Wolf. His arrival tears Mason’s world apart, even as she feels an undeniable connection to him. Together, they seek to unravel the secrets of Fenn’s identity, as strange and supernatural forces gather around them. When they discover that Mason’s family – with its dark allegiance to ancient Norse gods - is at the heart of the mystery, Fenn and Mason are suddenly faced with a terrifying future. 

Set against the gritty, Shadowed backdrop of New York City, this first novel in award-winning author Lesley Livingston’s epic Starling Saga is an intoxicating blend of sweeping romance and pulse-pounding action.” 



My Favourite Quotes: 


“She tagged you good, Aristarchos. Which also means she wins, again. Whining about it just makes you look like a girl.” He glanced up at Mason as she pulled of her head gear and grinned. “A girl who can’t fight like Mason.” Page: 2 

“Sweating-barfing-screaming-uncontrollably-psychotic-episode not good.” Page” 12 

It was a man – a young man – rising from the wreckage in between her and the shambling, gray-skinned apparitions … and he was stark naked. Page: 21 

“Do it,” Toby barked at Rory, handing him the metal pipe. “And somebody else find Beowulf here some pants.” Page: 27 

It was like some kind of super-tense Mexican standoff, except neither of them had a weapon pointed at the other. Page: 39 

Ok, now I know I’m crazy, Fenn thought. Page: 48 

Roth. Oh, thank god, Mason thought. Saved. Page: 69 

More than “like” Mason Starling. Page: 117 

I wanted to…” See you again. Speak to you. Make sure you aren't just another broken memory or piece of a dream. I wanted to return the gear I borrowed.” He held up the shopping bag he’d brought along. Page: 125 

“Well it all makes sense now,” Fennrys murmured to himself, stunned by what he’d found. “I’m a ninja.” Page: 161 

Cal blinked. “So… no apocalypse.” Page: 171 

He remembers something, she thought. Something he doesn't want to tell me. Or doesn’t want me to know… Page: 186 

For Mason. The only girl in my world. Page: 219 

This is not the first-aid kit of someone who occasionally burns himself making an omelet or gets the odd sliver. Page: 229 

“Come on, Mason. I’ll catch you,” He said. “I promise.” Page: 242 

“No! I totally would have done that too!” Heather shook her head enthusiastically. “What a great way to get his shirt off. And then you could totally be all ‘oh, baby, does it hurt?’ and sexy-nurse his hot blond hotness.” She leered wickedly. Page: 249 

“You know that whole ‘never talk to strangers’ thing, Mase?” Fennrys said in a low voice. “They don’t get much stranger than this.” Page: 283 

“I’m your mother and I've been waiting for you…” Page: 341 


Reaction time line: 


Book launch


- Where I bought the book 

- Got it signed 

- Talked to Lesley Livingston! 

- Showed on Space TV! 

- Read two chapters 


Chapter 1 – 11 



Can’t. Stop. Reading! 


Chapter 12 – 22



OMG NO WAY!


Chapter 23 – 34



-Jaw drops- Ohmigod! Where’s book two! -Cries- 


My Likes: 


Uhm… everything? It was totally page turning and just over all outstanding! I absolutely love the characters, of which by the way Roth is my total favourite! I totally have a mini fan club for him! Wee! 


My Dislikes:


THAT BOOK TWO ISN'T OUT YET! D: 


My Rating: 


Wait for it…. Wait for it! 5 out of 5! You’re the best Lesley!! I love you! :D (And Roth too, I love him too :3)



Follow me on Twitter!
@Ajkitkat



No comments:

Post a Comment