Thursday 16 August 2012

Small Medium at Large By Joanne Levy






My Review:As if getting hit with lightning at your mother’s wedding isn’t enough to stuff your taco, but you have to add the topping of being able to hear the dead too! Of course waking up in a hospital would scare the pants off of most anyone, but to hear the voice of your dead grandmother, oy! Not only is she talking, but she wants you to find a new wife for your dad! What!? Pain killers! Sleep! Now!

So you live with your dad, you get home, sleep and wake up to pizza, totally awesome. By now though you’re strangely getting used to hearing your dead grandmother. Okay you get it; your dad needs a girl. Though no matter what you try, the first two dates go horribly wrong for him. Great. On top of that you have this totally hateful hag at school that is just plain mean!

To add to it all, there’s a younger boy ghost who haunts the mean girl because you just want him to leave you alone! So of course he trashes everything for the mean girl who was going to hold a fashion show for cancer! Luckily with your awesome medium skills you work things out with the boy ghost and everything goes well.

A total bonus you get to have a totally fashion icon take over your body to make all the dresses for the show! Plus you get a dress of your own with matching shoes for being nice. Speaking of being nice, the mean girl isn’t so mean after all. You two make friends and everything! Isn’t that great?

Oh and your music teacher? Yeah he becomes famous and gives you, the guy of your dreams, whose mom is dating your dad, and your friends VIP tickets!? Awesome!

My Likes:Even though this book doesn’t fit into the style that I normally read, I rather enjoyed it! I mean if I got struck by lightning and survived to become a medium, I would be totally happy! Such an awesome idea, I wish I’d thought of that.

I have to say that I’m also very glad that Lilah becomes friends with Dolly; I mean that teaches people things you know? Just because someone acts mean, it doesn’t mean that they actually are.

Oh the fashion show chapter was totally my favourite! Even though Liliah’s dad makes a date with Andy’s mom, it was still a great thing to read about. Personally I think a fashion show to raise money for cancer is a wonderful idea.

My complete favourite part in the entire book is when Andy and Lilah become official! The kiss was perfect, and the way they just talked and acted. Made me so jealous!

My Dislikes:Okay I hate to be a buzz killer here, but there was a lot in the book that confused me to no end. I mean the whole thing with Frankie, the music teacher. That was only talked about once, and then in the end he’s a total rock star? Totally cool, but what? How did that happen?

Another thing I didn’t like was how Lilah’s dad ends up dating Andy’s mom, but Lilah is dating Andy. That would break the levels of awkward would it not? I mean I would not want to date a boy who was the son of my dad’s girlfriend! To weird, especially if our parents got married!

Other than that it was pretty good though! :D

My Rating:Sadly I have to rate this book a 3.5 out of 5. Don’t get me wrong here I totally liked it, but there were just some things that left me all confused and questioning.

Keep writing Joanne! I can’t wait to read your next book! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment